Sunday, September 14, 2014

Brunch and Soccer

I woke up and skyped with Mom and Grandpa-since it was the 13th in the US. It was good talking with them and I'm glad I could wish Grandpa a happy birthday, even if it was electronically.

I lounged around most of the morning and made plans with Katie to meet for brunch in Hapjeong. We went into Mecenatpolis Mall and looked at some of the restaurants and found one she had heard of, London Tea. I looked at the menu and it looked good. We shared a sandwich that was really good. There were other salads, sandwiches, omelets, and pancakes on the menu. Since I go to Mecenatpolis frequently, I hope I can go back and try some other things there too. We chatted for a bit before she had to head back to her side of town. I was really grateful she came out to have a meal and chatting time with me.

I walked to soccer and waited for Jacob. While I was sitting on a bench, two ajushis came and sat down next to me, one on either side and then proceeded to talk over me. It was a little awkward, but they only stayed for 10-15 minutes. I don't know why they didn't sit next to each other. When Jacob arrived, we talked for a bit. His social worker called him and she was at the park of World Cup, so we met her, her husband and daughter. We chatted a little bit before going over to warm up.

We had 3 teams, but if the high school boys hadn't come, we would have been able to play 2. I'm not sure why they showed up. There is finally another girl joining at soccer. She is a new mentor at GOAL and she came to play this week. Her name is Lauren and she used to play in high school and was a goalie. Once when I was sitting out, I smacked a mosquito out of the air, but I didn't fully kill it and as it sat on my palm dying...it bit me. Unbelievable!

London Tea Sandwich~

No comments:

Post a Comment