Thursday, September 25, 2014

Beautiful Run

Work went okay, nothing too special. After I had lunch there was still a little bit of time for my breaktime so I thought I would try and run to the bank and do the international transfer. I got to the bank only to find out the person that does it was at lunch and wouldn't return until 1:30. So, I headed back to work figuring I would try going to the bank first and then eat lunch when I returned to school. On the way back, I kind of felt like ice cream, so I bought a cone for me and Sophie.

After work, I decided it would be a good evening for a run. I was also wanting to eat a sandwich and wanted to go back to the place in Mecenatpolis that I went to with Katie a few weekends ago. It was a perfect plan; go for a run, have dinner, maybe stop at Homeplus for some groceries and depending on time/weather walk home.

The weather was perfect. It was the best weather for a run-not too cold and not too hot. It felt so good to be outside running; I felt really strong and did shave a minute or two off my normal time. Part of me really wanted to just get Auntie Anne's for a pretzel, but I knew it wouldn't be a good nutritional choice-no veggies at all...So I went to London Tea, the sandwich place and studied the menu. I was tempted to get the sandwich again because it was so good, but I was also interested in trying the stuffed french toast (with cranberry cream cheese) bacon and a salad. I decided that I should try something new. It was so delicious! While I was eating Jacob messaged me and said he was at HomePlus getting groceries with Lauren. He invited me to his place to help him make dinner. I decided I would join them. They were just leaving as I got there, so unfortunately I wasn't able to do any looking on my own, but I didn't need anything that badly. We ended up taking a taxi because both of them had gotten quite a lot of things.

Back at their place the three of us chatted a little bit. I helped Jacob prep some veggies for his dinner and he ate. After he finished eating and cleaning up, he showed me a surprise grocery item he got for me--japchae hoddeok (noodle and veggies in a doughy dumpling). He made one for each of us. I had to be out by the 9PM curfew and he walked me to the bus. It still takes about as much time as it did from his other place, but it's nice that I don't have to transfer at all and the bus stop is right behind my building. I stopped in Emart on my way home because I'm hoping to make stuffed meatballs soon and need ground beef. No luck with on sale beef tonight.

When I got home, I decided I would do some update on my phone. Except that I wasn't supposed to do it...and after the phone rebooted, it kind of froze and got stuck on one of the setup windows. I freaked out and was able to get a hold of Jacob on my computer to try and figure out what to do. We came to the conclusion there wasn't anything I could do and I'd have to start looking for a new phone. Just as I was giving up hope about everything, I found a way to force turn off the phone that I didn't know how to do. When the phone turned back on, I was able to get through all of the setup  windows and...voila, the phone works again. The only problem is that the new update drains the battery and I already have a very weak battery. So I guess I'll still be on the lookout for another phone anyway.
Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment