I came to work early because I knew there were some things I hadn't been able to print and needed to finish before my first class. When school time started, my life COT took me down to say hello to the Principal and VP, and introduce me to the new VP.
The first day back was alright. I really appreciate my 6th grade COT teaching skills, management and how we share/work together. It made Monday back an easy adjustment. I found a note from the afterschool teacher, Eric. He and his program did not get renewed at my school unfortunately, so he wrote a note to say goodbye. We didn't interact a whole lot (maybe 1-2 minutes Mondays and Tuesdays) but part of me was still sad that they left and I couldn't say goodbye in person. He was friendly and the kids definitely loved his class (since our office is right next to the ER we could always hear them). At the end of the day we had a staff meeting and finished right on time.
I couldn't wait to get out of school-I grabbed a bus and headed to BoA Guesthouse, where the GOAL program is running their First Trip Home for adoptees. I finally got to see Jacob. We had to wait for another staff member to take over for him and he got to leave for a short dinner break.
We started walking back towards his guesthouse and were deciding what to eat. Jacob has been eating Korean food, bibimbap, every day so we picked Subway. We took the sandwiches back to his guesthouse to eat. It was quite hot today, guess going home was a nice break from the weather here too. We had about two hours to relax and hangout before he had to go back, but then they ended up needed him back sooner. We walked back to BoA and I took the bus home. The bus ride made me really sleepy and I went to bed when I got home, but I still can't sleep through the night. That darn 13-14 hour time difference is rough!
No comments:
Post a Comment