In the afternoon I messaged my friend Katie to see what she was up to. She had already made plans but rescheduled them to meet with me. I told her that it was a little difficult adjusting back to Korea and Korean life so she said she wanted to spend some time with me.
We met in the Jongno area (near downtown) and went to a ddukbegi (hot stone bowl) restaurant. I ordered the soondubu (tofu stew) and you could make your own bibimbap with the side dishes. It was pretty good, but a little salty at the end.
When we finished eating, we took a stroll and wandered towards Cheonggyecheon, the stream. We walked along the stream and talked. At the start of the stream there were some tents set up for events for the holiday. We made soap for only 1,000W! While we waited for the soap to set, we walked to City Hall. We returned for our soap and talked a little bit more before heading to the subway. I really appreciated her willingness to drop her plans and travel pretty far to come meet me. It's nice to know there are friends like that.
| Katie making soap |
| Enjoying Cheonggyecheon |
No comments:
Post a Comment