Nothing too exciting at work today...except for our early dismissal! Apparently our school has a staff volleyball team and they were playing against two other elementary school teacher teams in the area. We were all able to leave at 3 to support our team and show school spirit I guess. I lucked out and was able to ride in a car with an office staff member and one of my COTs. We got to the other elementary school, about a 10-15 minute ride and I was very surprised to see the school. It was even bigger than my school (and I thought my school was a pretty good sized school!) with 5 stories. As we walked into the building there was a little fenced area and there were probably 10 rabbits in a pen. In the school, it looked more like an American school with some lockers in the hall. The classrooms that I saw were bigger and newer looking than ours. This school also has a gym (where the volleyball was being played) with a stage and a swimming pool!
We arrived in the gym and found seats. Our school played the host school, Jeungsan Elementary School, first. They were going to do best of 3. The first game we were leading most of the way, but at the end, we lost by 2 points. The second game was no contest. We lost badly. The next school, Myeongji Elementary school played the host school. The Myeongji teachers were mostly young males. They warmed up a bit before they played and watching them, they looked like college athletes. I should mention my school's team had mostly teachers in their 30s or 40's and some possibly 50's, like our principal and new vice principal. The host school had some white-haired teachers, they looked to be solidly in their 40's and 50's. I'm not sure of the outcome of the 3rd game, because by then it was 4:40 and we were free to go, if we didn't make a commitment to stay and have dinner. I left with 2 of my COTs and 2 other homeroom teachers. I found the bus stop and rode it to Jacob's new guesthouse. It was a short ride, only 6 stops. The location of Eastern Headquarters (where the guesthouse is) will be a bit more convenient with buses to and from for us.
When I got there, Jacob was still unpacking some of his things and organizing his room with Troy. There are 2 bunk beds in their room, but right now it's just Jacob and Troy in there. We talked a little bit and then got to have some pizza that the social workers bought for the guesthouse residents. After we ate, we talked a little bit more. There is a curfew for the guesthouse and also visitor rules, so I have to leave by 9 now. I took the bus home and was able to relax and clean up a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment