Saturday, September 20, 2014

Walking Day

I made breakfast for Katie and me-breakfast burritos with egg and veggies. Then we decided to go to her place. It took us a little over an hour to get there. So far! I helped her fold and pack a few things. We had the movie "Heat" playing which was kind of funny and we had lunch. Her aunt had been over the day before and brought some food so it was nice to have Korean food with no prep!

I took off in the late afternoon because she had other evening plans. I just started walking to see where I wanted to go. I found myself in my "old stomping grounds" near my adoption agency's guesthouse. I used to stay here so it was nice to see this area again and I haven't been here in over a year. Earlier I had seen someone post information about a free Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra concert at Yeouido. So I was able to do something I've wanted to do in Seoul for awhile. I was on the Eastern side of Seoul, near Apgujeong and I walked along the Han River all the way to Yeouido, which is on the Western side of Seoul. It took me about 2 hours to walk that length (not sure of the distance, maybe around 11km). It was perfect, beautiful weather. I enjoyed the time to walk and see nature. I was able to smell freshly cut grass too, which I enjoy.

I arrived at Yeouido with about 5-10 minutes before the concert was scheduled to start. I sat and enjoyed the music for a little over an hour before catching the bus home. I realized the bus wouldn't be the fastest route, but it would drop me off right by my building (rather than having to take the subway and transferring at a station and walking home from the station; while it's not very much, after walking well over 11km for the day, I was done walking!).

Manajoo--delicious snacks!
Homemade Korean food!
Walking along the Han River

Walking along Han River

No comments:

Post a Comment