Well, this morning I was able to skype with Mom as a nice surprise since I didn't have to work. We talked for a little bit and then I got ready to go meet Bohye. I figured it would be a good day to go to the bank because I was off for a school holiday, not a normal holiday where banks would be closed.
I set off and it took me over an hour to get to the location. I went to the bank and waited for someone to help me with my International Transfer. While I was waiting Bohye came to meet me. We started doing everything and then he asked me for my passport. Which I didn't have. Because I didn't think they would need one after the account had been set up. But he said he needed it. So I wasn't able to transfer the money. He also said I wouldn't be able to exchange money either. Which was the other task-Korean Won to Japanese Yen. But then he said if it was a small amount he would do it. So I exchanged about $180. It's strange because their bills are so big, the smallest denomination is about $10. To me that's kind of crazy that the smallest bill is $10! If you lose a bill, $1, no big deal, but if you lose $10, it's a bigger deal.
Bohye and I went to get lunch at a place called Yukssam Nyengmyeon. I ordered a bibimbap and she got nyengmyeon (cold noodle soup). Then you also get a side order of bulgogi. The meat was really good. I had wanted to try this chain for awhile and never had the chance. Now I know I will go to another one when I see one.
After lunch, we did a little shopping and I found an orange-ish sweater which will be nice for fall. I also had a special request for one of my friends back home to get some makeup. I found what she needed. Bohye and I went to Mc Donald's to get ice cream and then she had to go.
At home, I was able to do some exercises and relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment