Saturday, September 27, 2014

Wonderful Saturday

In the morning I met Jacob and we had lunch in Sinchon. Originally, we were going to go to Quiznos for a sandwich, but as we were walking there, we saw a new restaurant opened in Sinchon. It's called Karnival Pizza. Jacob had been to one of these chains near Kyunghee University and would go occasionally with some friends.  We looked at the menu and saw there was a special set menu (probably for new opening) and decided we would try it! We ordered a pizza that was half Gorgonzola (Koreans love this kind of pizza-with garlic on it and honey on the side) and half "crazy potato" which had french fries and a spicy pizza sauce. The set also included a salad-we picked the BBQ salad which had steak and also pasta in it! And finally we got a drink, which was a carbonated fizzy drink with cotton candy on top! So cool! After we ate some of the cotton candy, we poured some of the (probably) Sprite over it and it melted the cotton candy to make a sweet drink. Everything was so good-we decided we would try and go back as much as we can while the promotion lasts (until Oct 31!)

After lunch, we walked back to his place which was good to walk off lunch. We did a little bit of research for our trip to Japan and hung out until Jenna contacted me. Jacob had to do some work and had a staff dinner as well. When Jenna contacted me she said she was at Hongdae Station and she said we should go to Yeouinaru Station. There are two lines at Hongdae and we actually were at the different lines! So we didn't travel there together. I got there before her and waited. We went to the river and sat and chatted for about an hour. As the sun went down it cooled off a bit. I had thrown in a cardigan as well as a scarf so I was able to give something warm to Jenna to use as well. We walked back to the station to move on to dinner when Jenna realized she didn't have a folder-case thing (she had come from work). I told her I didn't see her with it when she arrived, so she realized she forgot it on the subway! She called one of her Korean friends to talk to someone at the station and then we headed back to where she transferred and left the case. As it turned out, the stop she transferred at was the last one on the line so she really lucked out. The case was collected by the subway people right away so all we had to do was go and claim it. If she had been on a different line, it could have ended up very far away or it would have been really difficult to track. After collecting the case, we headed back to IFC/Yeouido for dinner.

We walked around and decided what to eat. We picked a Japanese-ish place and I ordered a kind of beef bibimbap and she got a fish one. It was pretty good. It was good to talk and catch up with her. After dinner we walked around the mall-it's the mal that is like an American mall. I found a blazer I really liked, but because of my money situation I decided I would wait to buy it until I can use my American card (I forgot to bring it). I took the bus home and it was nice to sit and not have to transfer or walk after getting on.
Cotton Candy drink!
Pizza!
The cool Japanese restaurant we picked
Shopping with Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment