Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Belgium Friend--5 years later

Work was a bit stressful today. I realized there were a lot of things I still needed to get done before the end of the week. I also had some very loud and unresponsive students. It's hard to motivate them when they feel they are so behind in English "what's the point?!" :(

We had a meeting to discuss the first Open Class of the year. I decided I would do the open class with Sangji (the one I share the office with). After the meeting, I buckled down and got a lot of stuff done.

After work, I hopped the bus to the subway and wandered around Sangsu, window shopping. I briefly met Jacob and walked him to the GOAL office before his interview. Then I walked around some more, looking for a place to take my friend Kim for dinner. Jacob told me to meet him at 6:30 and then we could go to the meeting place with Kim at 6:45. Well, 6:45 came and went with no sign of Jacob, so I went to meet Kim since he didn't have a phone. I apologized for making him wait, but  he said it was no problem at all. I decided I would go to the BBQ place I went to in Dec '12 and then took Jacob to in January. We chatted and walked that way. When Jacob finished his interview, he met us at the restaurant. Anyway, Kim was sweet and had some handmade coffee flavored chocolates that his friend sells from her shop in Belgium. (Ah, let me backtrack! I met Kim in 2009 at the GOAL Homecoming Program. He was adopted to Belgium. We've kept in touch here and there over the years, with me asking him a lot of questions regarding cameras. Photography is his hobby and he is really knowledgeable and really good!) We decided to order meat and a side dish of dwengjangjjigae/bibimbap. Dinner did not disappoint and Kim was very excited and happy with my dinner pick.

When we finished dinner, we walked to the quieter side of Hongdae to look for a cafe. I had seen one awhile ago that I wanted to try so we went there. Kim talked cameras a bit with me and he took some pictures. We kept it a rather short evening since he had only arrived in Korea 2 days earlier and was still a little tired.
My lemon tea
Photo Cred: Kim
Kim and me meet again after 5 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment