Sunday, April 13, 2014

Palm Sunday

Another mostly relaxing day at home with Jacob. He came over and I made breakfast sandwiches. I tried to be creative and put some egg into my cookie cutters for a fun shape, but a lot of egg ran out the bottom and then it was difficult to flip and get out of the cutter. I used waffles for the bread and also made some bacon. They turned out pretty good!

In the early afternoon we left to take a walk along Bulgwang Stream, the stream that starts by my subway station and goes all the way to the Han River (I believe). We just walked along the stream to the next station and then grabbed the subway to Sinchon. There, we walked around to look for a place for dinner and decided we'd go back to Seoga and Cook, the Italian restaurant with large portions. The last time we went there, we tried to order a chicken salad and they said "no". We figured because it was later at night or something, but when we tried to order it again, they told us "no" a second time. We were both really disappointed. Instead we got the meat spaghetti again. After eating, we sat and talked until it was time for me to go to church. Jacob had contemplated going, but with the big hill and his "micro-torn" Achilles, he figured it would be a bit too difficult and painful going.

We started mass out in the vestibule and had a "pre-Gospel", sprinkling of water/blessing of the palms and then a procession in with our palms. I forgot Palm Sunday has the really long Gospel! Mass went quite long and I was glad that Jacob and I had had dinner before I went to church. I headed home to relax a bit and prepare for the upcoming week.
Breakfast sandwich!
Tulips along the stream
On our walk along the stream
Yummy spaghetti and peach juice from Seoga and Cook
Flowers on Sogang's Campus

No comments:

Post a Comment