Jacob came over in the morning and I made brunch for us. Originally, I was going to make bagel breakfast sandwiches with some hash browns on the side. But, it evolved into a potato and vegetable hash with a bagel on the side. We had broccoli, potato, mushroom, onion and bacon in the hash. I toasted the bagel and put cheese on top. Yum.
After eating, we just hung out and watched some tv. In the late afternoon, we went to his guesthouse (I got a little bus sick and fell asleep for most of the ride). I met his roommate, Troy and another housemate, Fawn. Then we went to go get dinner. We were thinking Subway maybe, but ended up going to a kimbap shop--it was one of the best I have been to, and apparently the shop has won some awards in its district for being the best kimbap shop. We shared jap chae bap (noodles and rice), mandu (fried dumplings) and donkasu kimbap (a kimbap with pork cutlet inside!). It was all delicious and came to a whopping total of around $11. I love kimbap shops!
We then took a bus to the subway and went to World Cup stadium for soccer. It was raining, it had been raining all day really, and we saw the high school boys we sometimes play with. They were complaining about the rain and didn't walk outside with us. Jacob and I went to go sit and see who would show up. I was getting worried when it was 5 to 8 and we were the only ones. One guy, Ari showed up--he hasn't been there since the fall I think--and slowly others trickled in; Fredrik from last week and TC (his friend, but someone who came in the summer), Eirik and his friend, Stefano, Johan (finally, after quite an absence), Felix (also after quite a long absence), and then the 5 high school boys. So we ended up playing 3 teams of 5, with one (my team) that needed to pull an extra player each time. The weather, while rainy, was actually perfect for playing. It was a little cool, but not cold and after one 7 minute game I was already peeling off my layers. It was a fun night. I felt bad for Jacob sitting on the sidelines. I could tell he really wanted to play. John was in Hawaii, and Jacob is now the "vice captain" so he had to go to take the money and have the pennies. I told him he looked like a coach when he was pacing the sidelines.
 |
| The guys playing |
 |
| Action |
No comments:
Post a Comment