Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Reunion

Work went okay. The 6th graders finished their presentations and the 5th grade classes were pretty easy. At the end of teaching 6 classes, I was feeling pretty worn out. I wrote some letters to people back home for the rest of the afternoon.

I stopped at home to get envelopes before going to the post office. When I got to my building, the doorman gave me a letter from my Great Aunt. It was great to get a letter from her. I also thought it was such a coincidence that I got a letter from her the day I was sending one to her!

I went to the post office-since it's in the new location I had to backtrack almost all the way back to school. Then I walked back to the subway to meet Jacob as he was coming from his work. We went to Sangsu Station and walked to Hongdae from there to meet his friend Line and her boyfriend. He met Line last spring--she was adopted to Denmark and is like a big sister to him. We met in the Hongdae park and chatted for a little before moving to Burger B for dinner.

We ate and they reminisced. After we finished eating, Line pulled out some macaroons from a shop she and Jacob went to often. They were really, really delicious. Line asked Jacob if he had taken me there and I said no. She was shocked and Jacob protested he must  have taken me at some point. I insisted no and then it dawned on him he hadn't because we've been exploring so much and finding a lot of other good dessert places. He likes cronuts better than the macaroons (which surprised Line). We all walked back towards Hongdae station and said goodbyes for the evening.

On the subway, I was squished against the door because it was so crowded. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get off at the next stop for my transfer, but luckily a lot of other people got off there too, so the car emptied out and I just had to push a little to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment