Saturday, April 19, 2014

Mentee Meet up

I unfortunately was woken up by construction around 7am. But, I had a nice relaxed morning after I was awake. I was supposed to meet Krystle at 1 for lunch, but she messaged me as I was about to leave and told me she couldn't make it because she wasn't feeling well. Instead, I went to Emart and made a "point card", so we'll see what kind of discounts I may earn eventually with that. I also printed out some pictures for a present for Jacob. In Emart, I didn't want to wait for the elevator and decided I'd go up the stairs to the 8th floor...well, that definitely gave me quite the workout! Not sure I'll do that again.

I headed to Sangsu to a store I saw a wallet at and decided that would be my 100 day gift to Jacob. I stopped in the store got that and then went to Beetle Juice to get a strawberry banana smoothie. I met up with Jacob in Hongdae and we headed to Myeongdong. We went through the Lotte Department store and wandered around before going towards Jongno and waited in a cafe. We were meeting our mentees around 5:30 for dinner. At 4:45 the mom messaged us asking if we could meet at 5 instead. Kasey was still out with her boyfriend so she wasn't able to change the time up. Jacob and I walked to meet the mom and kids and we waited for Kasey to arrive. We decided we'd go to Mr. Pizza for dinner because I figured the kids would like pizza.

We ordered one large specialty pizza (it had shredded beef, french fries, and tomatoes on top with a "cookie-ish" crust --not the bottom crust but the edge part--stuffed with cream cheese...so strange!), a plain cheese and everyone had to get the salad bar. The kids were a little energetic and Jacob was afraid something was going to get spilled all over the place. After dinner we parted ways and Jacob came over to watch a movie. It was called "Green Street Hooligans" and it was about soccer--interesting but a little violent.
Found this dog while we were shopping (my new blue jacket!)
Jacob, Kasey and me with our mentees and their Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment