Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Finally Falafel again!

Work was not too bad today. My second period class was cancelled which was nice, but it's rescheduled for Friday so now I'll have 5 classes on Friday. I was kind of excited about the fried rice at lunch, until I realized it had been poisoned with (imitation) crabmeat! What a disappointment. The other big news of the day is that I officially submitted documents for a request to renew my contract! Yes, that means if I pass the evaluation from my principal and do well at the open class (next Wed), I could possibly have my contract renewed and will be here another year! It was a tough decision, some tears were shed and many people shared their opinions and advice with me. In the end, I think it will be the right and best choice. It is definitely only for one more year, no more than 2 years here, absolutely.

After work, I met Krystle for dinner. We had our raincheck from Saturday and she almost cancelled again today. She said she wasn't feeling that great, but if I wasn't scared of getting anything from her she would be fine to meet. I figured as long as she didn't cough on me or my food, I didn't have a problem grabbing a quick bite to eat with her. We went back to Jack's Beans and I ordered a falafel wrap. It's so good! After dinner, Krystle was ready to call it a day. We parted ways and I stopped at Oodle Noodle to get dinner for Jacob. I took it to Yeonhuidong, the area he lives in and met him near his guesthouse. We walked to a playground and sat on some benches while he ate dinner. When he finished eating, we went in search of something sweet. First we went to Peter Pan, a bakery near his guesthouse. There wasn't anything that stood out so we decided we'd try the Peter Pan bakery inside the grocery store around the corner. Again, nothing stood out so we went upstairs to the Angel in Us Coffee shop. We picked a brownie cheesecake that was really delicious. Jacob walked me to the bus stop and I headed home.
A beautiful day in the park
At the cafe with dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment