Monday, April 14, 2014

Running Day

I figured today would be a good day to go for a run. The forecast was nice and I didn't go to soccer yesterday.

Work passed uneventful. But I was a little overwhelmed thinking about some of the things I needed to do, with limited time to do it.

When I got home, I changed and went to Bulgwang Stream again to start my run. It was really nice to run along the stream. I enjoyed seeing all the people out enjoying the nice weather. Once I got to World Cup Stadium, I had to go on to the streets to finish my run (I ran to Hongdae). It was a little difficult because I had to weave around more people and wait at stop lights and watch for cars and motorbikes. It also felt a little bit dirtier and harder to breathe. I arrived in Hongdae after about 40 minutes of running, which is a lot further ahead of time than I had planned or expected. Actually, I thought it was kind of interesting because taking the subway it's about 25-30 minutes and this was only about 10 more minutes longer than that. The only drawback to running to Hongdae is that I'm dirty and poorly dressed.

I did some window shopping and waited for Jacob to finish teaching his class. We met up and went to his "Imos" restaurant for dinner. I ordered bulgogi stew and he got donkasu (a pork cutlet) with cheese--I tried some and it was really good. After dinner, we walked back to his area and went to a bakery. I got a croissant with cream and strawberries. It was so good. Then I took the bus to the subway and the subway home.

No comments:

Post a Comment