Friday, April 4, 2014

Trip to Suncheon

Work went well. The first two 5th grade classes were surprisingly well behaved. They were a little loud, but did their work and settled down quickly. The first class finished early so as a treat I played "Let it Go" from "Frozen" for them. For some reason 3rd and 4th period subject classes were cancelled, but only if the homeroom teacher wanted to cancel them. As it turns out, our 3rd period homeroom teacher wanted to cancel, but the 4th wanted to have class. So I had a nice break in the morning.

After lunch, I jetted out to head to Yongsan Station. Jacob went to the doctors in the morning with his guesthouse manager to get his ankle checked out. Turns out the doctor thinks the Achilles has a minor tear. He got a crutch, ankle brace, medicine and an ice pack thing to wear. We met at Yongsan and got our tickets and found our train. I was so happy I finally had a leisurely time getting to the train and wasn't rushed or crazy.

Jacob and I settled in for a little over 3 hour train ride. We both dozed for a bit and talked on the way down. As it turns out, the guesthouse we booked was directly across from the station which was really nice. There was no one else staying there, so we had a dormitory room all to ourselves. We took a short rest and then went to look for dinner. I was a bit concerned about Jacob walking much, but he said he wanted to stretch his legs and we just took it slow. We ended up going to a kimbap restaurant and ordering ramen and kimbap. After dinner, we got some bread and a snack for the evening. At the guesthouse we just watched tv. Ji called and said he wanted to meet us but they had to have dinner with Yeojin's family first. I figured it wouldn't work out--besides, the night before getting married he should be hanging out with us?! Anyway, I think it was best we took it easy with Jacob's ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment