I woke up with a bit of a scratchy voice. My throat isn't really sore at all, but my voice is hoarse. It was unfortunate because today is my long day with 6 classes. After the first period, my 6th grade COT offered to lead class for me which was really kind of her. The rest of the classes weren't that bad.
After work, I came home and made chili. It turned out really good. I waited for Jacob to arrive and he went right back out to fill water bottles. I was waiting so I started cleaning the floors a little. I realized he was gone a long time. He finally came back and I knew something was wrong because he looked really agitated. Turns out while he was in Emart filling up water bottles for me, some ajushi pushed him and told him not to fill up the water bottles. Some words were exchanged (it's probably for the best Jacob spoke in English and the ajushi spoke Korean...) and finally the ajushi went and got security. They talked and tried to explain some things and escorted Jacob out of Emart. He was mostly upset about being taken outside when he didn't do anything wrong. I suggested my COT as a translator and messaged her to see if she had time to talk to the workers for us. She called me and Jacob explained the situation. We went to Emart and she and the security guy talked on the phone and then she translated to Jacob. Things ended on a good note and I was thankful my COT could help us out.
We returned and I assembled the chili nachos. I opened my bag of Doritos that I brought from home and put that on the bottom. Then chili on top and cheese on top--popped it into the microwave to melt the cheese and voila--dinner is served. It was so good! I also made a salad and found out Jacob doesn't like cucumbers. :( Sad. After dinner I cleaned up and then we took a walk to a doughnut cafe I saw on the other side of my subway station. At first glance, I thought the doughnuts didn't look that special and I felt bad that we walked all that way for just some doughnuts. We both ordered one and took them to the upstairs part of the cafe to eat. They were really good! Mine was a white chocolate covered cake doughnut and the chocolate was thick and really good. Jacob had a doughnut filled with chocolate.
 |
| Chili Dorito Nachos! |
 |
| A nice healthy salad to go with |
 |
| Donuts! |
No comments:
Post a Comment