Thursday, April 24, 2014

Cookie Day

Work wasn't anything special. I was mostly caught up on my work so I didn't have to do too much.

After school, I came home and decided I would make cookies since Jacob and I were having the leftover chili for dinner. Then I realized that I didn't have any eggs. So I ran to Emart and grabbed a few things plus the eggs. I mixed up the batter and ended up freezing about half of the batch (the trick was to pre-scoop some of the batter so when I decide to bake them all I have to do is let them thaw and then bake!). Jacob arrived and I told him he was about 10 minutes away from eating the best cookies ever. He started cleaning the dishes when I pulled the cookies out of the oven. He was going to eat one at the sink and I told him "no! You need to go dry your hands and sit down. These cookies are an experience!" So, he listened to me and agreed they were really good. The last time I made them I don't think I had enough pudding and they were a bit dry. This time, using the pudding mix that Jacob brought back for me, they turned out perfectly, just the way they tasted at home. So, so good! Yum! I finished baking 3-4 batches and then got dinner ready. The chili was just as good a few days later as it was the first day. I think the extra kick was the diced tomatoes with green chilies that I used.

Our 100 Days is coming up (Saturday) so we spent part of the evening talking about the past 98 days and before we started dating. It is still pretty amazing to me to think about the journey of our friendship and now relationship.
A few of the delicious cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment