Thursday, April 17, 2014

Homemade Dinner

The school had some event today, so one of my classes was cancelled. That was a nice little break in the middle of the morning.

After school, I ran to get a few last minute groceries and then started on making dinner. My plan was to make ravioli with wonton wrappers. The only problem was that the wrappers were still frozen, so I had to run them under water to try and defrost them a bit to pull them apart. Which caused the edges to get mushy and hard to peel apart. Peeling the wrappers apart took the most time. Next time I will make sure everything is properly defrosted! I stuffed the ravioli with ground beef, onion flavored cream cheese, bell pepper, mushroom, onion and garlic. I boiled them (which also took a long time because they were quite large and I only put 3 in at a time) and then made a homemade tomato sauce with fresh tomatoes and some garlic. Finally, I made some broccoli too. Jacob came while I was still cooking and helped do some of the dirty dishes. Then, it was time to eat. They turned out really good and the sauce was delicious too. I'm hoping to make it again soon!

When we finished dinner, we ran to Emart to just browse. Jaebin's birthday is in a few days and I wanted to look for something for him. As kids get a little bit older it's harder and harder to know what to get them! I'm at a bit of a loss for what to get my Jaebin!
Ravioli
Homemade tomato sauce
Dinner's ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment