Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Whirl Wind and FULL Wednesday

What a roller coaster day! I didn't get much sleep again. I was up late thinking about my contract and whether to renew or not. It's been on my mind a lot as I only have a few more weeks to make the decision.

The 4th graders did a role play of our textbooks version of "The Three Little Pigs". They were so cute. They really enjoy the role play activity and it's interesting how much difference a year makes, knowing my 5th graders would NOT do that or enjoy that activity.

In the afternoon Jacob met with his social worker to talk about information she had regarding his birthmom. He called me after the meeting to tell me what they talked about.

When work finished, I took off for Hwa Sun's, my "unni" (older sister). I haven't seen her and Jaebin since the end of January. It was great to catch up with her. Going to her house always feels like coming to a second home. Her youngest brother and his wife had their second baby. There were some complications so her parents were taking care of their toddler. So, Hwa Sun was taking care of the parents' dog. Pass the dependent, haha.

Anyway, Hwa Sun made dinner--we had bulgogi, kimchi cheon (kind of like pancakes) and soybean paste stew. I talked with her and Jaebin did his homework. It's sad these days when I go visit Jaebin now he's doing homework. A little bit later, Hwa Sun's husband came home. He had stopped at the grocery store, so we had strawberries. It was good to see both of them and talk with them.

I headed home around 9. On my way, my good friend Emily messaged me. She is thinking about coming to visit in July, if she had the funds to do so! How exciting! I was lucky enough to catch Amanda on skype when I got home and we talked for almost an hour. It's been awhile since she and I have talked. Afterwards, I talked with my Mom and Grandpa. I was very glad to see both of them and talk with them about making a decision whether to stay another year or not. I still haven't decided and I only have another week or two to make that decision.

Such an eventful day~

No comments:

Post a Comment